Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Small Management Glitch

Dear Managers and Leaders!

I am writing this post from a waiting room in a medical clinic. Nothing life threatening, don't worry! I fell from my bicycle on Sunday and now my right shoulder hurts badly. I need to know what is going on before I leave for the USA on Friday.

As you can imagine, I had thousands of things to complete before leaving, but now, I can see my to-do list being compromised: the time I spend with doctors is time I will not be working! Health is at the bottom of the Maslow pyramid and I can't ignore the fact that I hurt.

So, what do I have to do to still be successful despite this change in plan?
  • Review my to-do list and add "DOCTORS" at the top of it
  • Analyse what will fall off the list and evaluate the impact
  • Review priorities to make sure that the most important items will be done before I leave
So, as you can see, there is nothing major, here, just a small management glitch to face. I should be able to get over it without too much problems!

Now... what is so wrong with my shoulder?!?

What about you, dear leader? How do you usually deal with unforeseen events that wreck your plan, your schedule? Do you deal with them with extreme distress or with philosophy and method?

Until next time,

Remi Cote

PS: If you find these postings interesting and would like to learn more about what I can do for you and your team, then please visit www.innovachron.com or contact me directly at remi@innovachron.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment