Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Out of Fear, Into Action

Dear Managers and Leaders!

I know. It has been a very long time since our last conversation. As you know, I was taking a course last Fall and then I got terribly sick with the H1N1 flu. All this to apologize for missing several of our online meetings! I hope you will forgive me.

Today feels terribly awkward. I have not written on this blog for a long time and I feel I will not be able to start again. I’ve been telling myself for several days now that I have to start blogging again and I always find a good reason not to. I’m frozen in fear! I fear I will not be able to give you the same quality as before. I fear I will not be able to come up with good ideas that will entertain you and allow you to improve your leadership skills. “Who am I to try to teach people how to lead?”

I’m sure you’ve all felt that way at one time in your life. Starting something new, or going back to what you were doing can be frightening. The fear of failure is a strong fear. But it should not stop you from trying. If you allow fear of failure to stop you from doing anything, then it is at this exact moment that you fail! Hubbard was saying: “There is no failure except in no longer trying." I completely agree with this statement. To succeed, you have to keep trying again and again until you find a way to succeed!

So how do you get out of your fear-induced frozen state? Well, you have to get up and start doing something. That something might not be great, but it will move you into action and out of your frozen state. The fear of failure is in your head. You thus have to get out of your head and get into action to get out of your fear.

So, this is exactly what I’ve done here! Write this first post after a long time as a cure to my fear of failure! I hope you’ve enjoyed this cure as much as I did!

NOW WE CAN START 2010!!

Until next time,

Remi Cote

PS: If you find these postings interesting and would like to learn more about what I can do for you and your team, then please visit www.innovachron.com or contact me directly at remi@innovachron.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment